When coconut water became trendy, I convinced myself I liked it.
But the more I drank it, the more I realized it really didn’t taste like coconut and I didn’t like the saltiness. On the other hand, I really love the flavor of coffee. So when I saw a coffee-infused coconut water, I thought it would be worth trying.
Keep reading to find out if the combination of coconut water and coffee is something you’d enjoy drinking.
DISCLAIMER: This product was purchased by the blogger. Neetzy.com received NO compensation from Vita Coco for this review. This review does not represent medical or professional advice, it is an opinion only. Photographs may not depict the exact color of the product.
MANUFACTURER’S DESCRIPTION OF COCONUT DRINK
- “coconut water with espresso, a splash of reduced fat milk, and a touch of sweet” – from vitacoco.com
- contains 120 mg of caffeine
- size is 11.1 fl. oz. (330 mL)
- coffee-colored with coconut water sediment (sediment not seen well in photos)
- watery, but with a slight milky consistency
- more watery than milky
- doesn’t leave a milky texture on tongue
- tastes more like salted caramel and chocolate than coffee
- no bitter taste from coffee
- coffee flavor is very slight
- not too sweet
- doesn’t taste like a traditional cafe latte
YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS COCONUT DRINK IF:
- you like mild coffee drinks
- you want the benefits of coconut water without the taste
- you want a lighter coffee drink without the milky consistency
- you don’t mind slightly salty drinks
NEETZY’S THOUGHTS ON VITA COCO CAFE LATTE
This coconut drink is a mixture of very interesting flavors – salted caramel, chocolate milk, and a hint of coffee – but no coconut flavor. However, I think the flavor of coconut is there but is diminished by the sugar, milk, espresso, and natural flavoring. While it doesn’t taste like coffee and milk, it’s still good.
While I don’t like coconut water, I would buy this product again. It isn’t your typical cafe latte flavor, but a unique taste of salted caramel and chocolate.
Please note that this product contains more caffeine than a typical cup of coffee. An 11 fl. oz. serving has 120 mg of caffeine, while a can of cola has about 30 mg, and a cup of coffee averages 100 mg.
WHERE TO BUY THIS CAFE LATTE
This product is available at… I purchased this 11 fl. oz. tetra box from Vitcost.com for under $3.00 USD.
ABOUT VITA COCO
- founded in 2004 by Michael Kirban and Ira Liran in NYC
- by 2015, was the “top-selling coconut water brand in the U.S.” according to The Wall Street Journal
- through The Vita Coco Project, company uses ethical sourcing and giving back to local communities
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN THIS COCONUT DRINK?
Coconut water, whole milk, skim milk, espresso (water and coffee), sugar, natural flavor, and carrageenan.
WAS THIS VITA COCO CAFE REVIEW HELPFUL?
If so, please share – or leave a comment below if you’ve tried this coconut drink.