DISCLAIMER: This product was purchased by the blogger. Neetzy.com received NO compensation from Sheila G’s Brownie Brittle for this review. This review does not represent medical or professional advice, it is an opinion only. Photographs may not depict the exact color of the product.
MANUFACTURER’S DESCRIPTION OF PRODUCT
- made from “a treasured family recipe for brownies”
- tastes like a brownie with the crunchiness of a cookie
- “made from the finest ingredients”
- only 120 calories per 28 g
- product of USA
- light and crunchy
- literally like the crispy edges on a pan of brownies
- almost like a macaron (but harder)
- chocolatey chips are light and airy (not really noticeable)
- dry, not greasy
- sweet with a bit of saltiness
- tastes like the edges on a pan of homemade brownies
- enjoyable milk chocolate taste
- no greasy flavor (low in fat)
- tastes of the ingredients (doesn’t have an artificial aftertaste)
YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU:
- like the crunchy edges of a homemade brownie
- want a sweet & salty snack (a serving contains 14 g of sugar, 75 mg of sodium)
- are looking for a substitute for cookies
- want a snack that is both crunchy and chocolatey
- like sugary snacks
This Sheila G’s Brownie Brittle has a really yummy milk chocolate flavor. The texture offers a satisfying crunch which reminds me somewhat of an extra crispy macaron shell. This product is made with cocoa and dried egg whites, which I think is what makes this snack so light and airy.
The only slight disappointment was that the “chocolatey chips” in this Brownie Brittle didn’t have the texture of a true chocolate chip. They more or less blended in with the cookie, and weren’t really noticeable. I expected these “chips” to be firmer (more like chocolate).
The 113-g bag I purchased in Canada contained about 8 big squares (~2.5 x 2.5″) and a bunch of large and small broken pieces. I was quite surprised (and pleased) that the product wasn’t all broken chunks as this product is very delicate, thin, and crispy.
I have bought this flavor or Brownie Brittle more than once! It’s a snack that doesn’t make you feel too guilty even if you overindulge and eat the entire bag.
WHERE TO BUY
This is a partial list of retailers who carry Sheila G’s Brownie Brittle products. Please note that not all locations may carry this Chocolatey Chip product.
Duane Reade (USA)
Stop & Shop (USA)
NOTE: the Brownie Brittle I purchased in Canada is called “Chocolatey Chip”, while the same product sold on Sheila G’s website is called “Chocolate Chip”.
Calories: 120 Fat: 4 g Cholesterol: 0 mg
Carbohydrate: 21 g (Fiber: 1 g, Sugar: 14 g)
Protein: 1 g Vitamin A: 0% Calcium: 0% Iron: 6%
ALLERGY WARNINGS: Contains wheat, soy, milk, and eggs. May contain tree nuts and peanuts.
Enriched flour, icing sugar, sugar, palm kernel oil, palm oil, dried egg whites, corn starch, salt, dextrose, baking soda, soy lecithin, natural flavor, skim milk powder.
ABOUT SHEILA G’S
Sheila G’s was created by Sheila G. Mains, who basically turned her love of crispy brownie edges into a thriving snack business.
The Brownie Brittle is currently available in the following flavors: Chocolatey Chip, Salted Caramel, Toffee Crunch, Mint Chocolate Chip and Peanut Butter Chip. The company is located in West Palm Beach, Florida.
WAS THIS REVIEW HELPFUL?
If so, please share – and leave a comment below if you’ve tried this Sheila G’s Brownie Brittle product.