Don’t accidentally store this jar of scrubby goodness in your cupboard – you might mistaken it for almond butter. While I doubt I’d enjoy this on a bagel, I certainly loved the rosy, soothing results I got from using this Pacifica face scrub.
As I write this review, my jar of Glow Baby is just about empty (I’m scraping the jar clean to get every last drop).
This scrub has an obvious, but not overwhelming, scent of rose. Since the product doesn’t contain any perfume, I’m guessing this smell is from the geranium essential oil used in the formulation. However, the preservative used is phenoxyethanol, which imparts a subtle rose-like aroma.
If your face benefits from a good scrub, but find some products too scratchy, this Pacifica product might be the answer to your flakiness.
Keep reading to find out why I loved this product so much, and the ingredients that likely make this product so soothing.
DISCLAIMER: This product was purchased by the blogger. Neetzy.com received NO compensation from Pacifica for this review. This review does not represent medical or professional advice, it is an opinion only. Photographs may not depict the exact color of the product.
MANUFACTURER’S DESCRIPTION OF PACIFICA GLOW BABY FACE SCRUB
- a “dual action” scrub that helps reduce signs of aging, rids impurities, and brightens
- suitable for all skin types
- “…say hello to a younger looking appearance” – from product packaging
- key ingredients include flax, rose hip, borage oil, and walnut shells
- also contains hyaluronic acid, papain, geranium essential oil, and extracts of white tea, arnica, lavender, and chamomile
- available in a 1.5 oz. jar (42.5 g)
HOW TO USE
Pacifica recommends applying the scrub to damp skin (and decolletage), then gently blending using circular motions. Rinse.
Depending on your skin type, you may want to be more vigorous with this product. The walnut shells are quite fine, and I found the ingredients quite soothing (arnica, floral extracts).
I used very vigorous scrubbing, and scrubbed my entire face several times per application (about 2 minutes), with no adverse reactions.
I found it helpful to add a few drops of water to my face every so often so the scrub polished easier.
Also, a little of this product goes a long way – you only need about half a teaspoon. It is quite runny, so apply carefully. Due to the gritty walnut pieces, I would recommend using this mask at night or in the morning before you take a shower (tends to get in hairline).
- soft rose scent (likely from the geranium essential oil)
- contains the preservative phenoxyethanol (which has a subtle rose-like aroma)
- bit of a plastic smell (likely the scent of some of the oils)
- creamy, but with a runny consistency
- slightly oily
- full of fine walnut shells
- skin feels soothed, even after vigorous use (possibly due to extracts of arnica, lavender, and chamomile)
- skin feels very stimulated
- not scratchy (more of a polishing effect)
- removes a lot of flaky skin (often with one use)
- imparts a healthy glow when used vigorously
- leaves skin feeling very soft and lightly moisturized
YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS FACE SCRUB IF:
- you want a face scrub that polishes, rather than scrubs
- you don’t mind the scent of rose
- your skin could benefit from an creamy, oily-based scrub
- you want a soothing scrub with calming ingredients (arnica, lavender, chamomile)
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN PACIFICA GLOW BABY SCRUB?
Aqua, Walnut Shells, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerly Laurate, Tocopherols, Panthenol, Allantoin, Sodium PCA, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Flax) Seed Oil, Hyaluronic Acid, Dispotassium Gycyrrizinate, White Tea Extract, Arnica Extract, Lavender Extract, Chamomile Extract, Tromethamine, Papain, Bromolein, Phenoxythanol, Ethylhexlglycerine, Benzyl Alcohol, Geranium Essential Oil.
Product contains Petroleum Ingredients: NO
Product contains Silicone-based Ingredients: NO
Preservative Used: Phenoxyethanol
NOTE: Contains walnuts, flower extracts, and geranium essential oil.
NEETZY’S THOUGHTS ON PACIFICA GLOW BABY
While there are cheaper walnut scrubs out there, this one contains a slew of natural ingredients, and left my complexion glowing (it also left my face feeling soothed, and didn’t irritate the mild rosacea on the sides of my face).
Due to the scrubby walnut bits, my skin felt invigorated – like it just had a really deep massage. And while you could feel the walnut shells working their magic, it was a good scrubby feel, not scratchy like the Glamglow YouthMud Tinglexfoliate mask/scrub.
I was also surprised how flake-free and smooth my complexion was after the first use. Whenever I noticed a bit of dry skin on my face, I’d use this and it literally got rid of all my flakiness. While it was lightly moisturizing, I did apply moisturizer afterward (it definitely didn’t leave my skin sticky and oily).
A little goes a long way, and you need about half a teaspoon per use (which means the 42.5-g jar will give you about 20 applications).
My last thought is that this product might be easier to use if it was in a tube (though it’s quite runny).
WHERE TO BUY PACIFICA GLOW BABY FACE SCRUB
If you are in Canada, you can purchase this walnut-based scrub at Well.ca (the 2016 price was $18 CAD).
In the USA, you can buy this product at many retailers, including Ulta, Target, and from the Pacifica website.
Please note that Neetzy.com is NOT an affiliate of these stores, or Pacifica.
- founded in 1997 by wife and husband team, Brook Harvey-Taylor and Billy Taylor
- first products were vegan candles and perfumes, but later expanded into skincare, and cosmetics
WAS THIS REVIEW HELPFUL?
If so, please share – or leave a comment below about this product, or tell us about your favorite face scrub.