If you are cray-cray about coffee, then these caffeine-infused homemade marshmallows by Fiasco will likely grab your attention.
I was very excited to find these gluten-free, java-flavored fluffy treats at my local grocer because I love anything infused with coffee – i.e. food, shampoo, skin cream, and probably even kitty litter. I couldn’t wait to get home and watch one melt away in my morning coffee.
The coffee flavor in this handmade marshmallows wasn’t as obvious as I had hoped, but the texture was really enjoyable. Keep reading below for the full scoop on these sticky treats!
DISCLAIMER: This product was purchased by the blogger. Neetzy.com received NO compensation from Fiasco for this product review. This product review does not represent medical or professional advice, it is an opinion only. Photographs may not depict the exact color of the product.
MANUFACTURER’S DESCRIPTION OF COFFEE MARSHMALLOWS
- made with local unpasteurized honey
- described on their website as “fluffy pillows of goodness”
- gluten-free, dairy-free, and fat-free
- made of natural ingredients
- fluffy, squishy, and moist
- rustic and homemade
- mild coffee taste combined with the flavor of icing sugar
- tastes of instant coffee (slightly chemically)
- overall, they tasted of mild bitterness more so than coffee
- bitterness with a slight chemical flavor
- these are mildly flavored, so they don’t add noticeable java notes to a cup of coffee
- perhaps a better use would be to chop them up and use as a topping for ice cream
YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE COFFEE MARSHMALLOWS IF:
- you like squishy, moist handmade marshmallows
- you like mild coffee flavors
- you aren’t offended by a slightly odd coffee flavor
NEETZY’S THOUGHTS ON THESE FLAVORED MARSHMALLOWS
These rustic, homemade marshmallows are of high quality, having a nice moist and squishy texture.
Disappointingly, the coffee flavor isn’t bold. I’d describe the taste as more of a bitterness than an actual coffee flavor. These flavored marshmallows tasted mildly of instant coffee granules.
While these aren’t something you’d likely purchase every day – they cost about $1.00 CAD per marshmallow – they make a special topping for hot chocolate, coffee, or ice cream. They’re certainly not something I’d buy every week, and truthfully, I’d rather spend my money on Fiasco gelato.
WHERE TO BUY THESE GOURMET MARSHMALLOWS
Please visit the Fiasco website for retailers and availability.
Other flavors include Bourbon Vanilla Bean, Salted Caramel, and Toasted Coconut.
- began in 2003 by Matt Wilson
- in 2009, ownership was transferred to James Boettcher
- based in downtown Calgary, Alberta (Canada)
- primarily known for their artisan gelato and sorbetto
- in 2015 became a certified B Corporation
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN THESE HANDMADE COFFEE MARSHMALLOWS?
Cane sugar, unpasteurized honey, gelatin, sea salt, espresso powder, and icing sugar.
NOTE: Made in a facility that uses nuts, gluten, and dairy.
WAS THIS FIASCO REVIEW HELPFUL?
If so, please share – or leave a comment below if you’ve tried these handmade coffee marshmallows.