If you’re looking for a fun little gift – or something cute to fill your candy bowl at a pool party – these pretty ice cream cone gummies might do the trick.
Not the most natural snack – the first ingredient is corn syrup and the flavoring is mostly artificial. However, there are some admirable ingredients on the list, such as apple juice concentrate, grape color extract, bees wax, and concentrated apple, radish, and blackcurrant juice.
These adorable candy are packaged in a long hexagon-shaped box, and are further packaged in a resealable inner cello bag.
Keep reading to get the scoop on these Davids Tea candy.
DISCLAIMER: This product was purchased by the blogger. Neetzy.com received NO compensation from Davids Tea for this review. This review does not represent medical or professional advice, it is an opinion only. Photographs may not depict the exact color of the product.
MANUFACTURER’S DESCRIPTION OF PRODUCT
- “Fun, squishy and tantalizingly sweet” – from Davids Tea website
- each package contains 115 g (4 oz.)
- contains natural and artificial coloring
- product of Turkey (though Davids website says “Made in US”)
- contains gelatin (derived from beef)
- available for a limited time
- muted pastels (somewhat natural-looking)
- sugary vanilla scent with some fruit aroma
- soft and chewy (perhaps slightly denser than typical gummy candy)
- candy in one package was tough (likely due to inner cello bag not sealed properly)
- not overly sweet
- mild flavors
- blue ice cream cone tastes somewhat like blue raspberry
- pink ice cream cone tastes slightly like strawberry (with a hint of vanilla)
- white ice cream cone doesn’t taste of anything specific
- no strange aftertaste
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN THIS CANDY?
Corn Syrup, sugar, corn starch, gelatin (beef), apple juice concentrate, citric acid, color (caramel, titanium dioxide, grape color extract, blue 1), palm oil, artificial flavors, carnauba wax, bees wax, concentrated apple, radish, and blackcurrant juice. May contain wheat, soy, and milk.
Caution: Contains bees wax.
Nutritional values per 115-g package:
0 g Fat
0 mg Cholesterol
60 mg Sodium
92 g Carbohydrate (0 g Dietary Fiber, 55 g Sugar)
6 g Protein
YOU MIGHT LIKE THESE GUMMIES IF:
- you don’t mind mild-tasting candy
- you are looking for a candy that isn’t overly sweet
- you aren’t expecting ice cream flavors
- you want something fun for a party (or as a treat)
- you don’t mind a slightly denser gummy texture
NEETZY’S THOUGHTS ON DAVIDS TEA ICE CREAM CONE GUMMIES
These candy come in a hexagon box with an inner cello bag. One of the bags must have been sealed improperly, as one bag of candy was pretty tough – like hurt-your-jaw-to-chew tough.
I bought two packages of these gummies as Davids Tea was offering a special (two boxes for $10 CAD). This is the 2016 price. Also, this product is a seasonal item so it likely won’t be around too long. You don’t get a lot in a box – roughly a big handful.
These candy possess more cuteness than taste – very subtle flavors. The blue had the most flavor, while the white candy didn’t have much flavor at all. Definitely not “tantalizingly sweet” as they’re described on the Davids Tea website, but more of a gentle sweetness, which was one thing I did really like about this product.
Nothing to write home about – these gummies definitely don’t have an old-fashioned ice cream flavor. But they are really cute. I wouldn’t buy them again for a snack, but I would buy them if I was hosting a summer party, or to gift.
WHERE TO BUY THESE CANDY
These gummies are available exclusively at Davids Tea. Check your local store for availability.
ABOUT DAVIDS TEA
- the first retail shop opened in 2008 in Toronto
- Davids now has over 150 types of tea available, with new teas launched each month
WAS THIS REVIEW HELPFUL?
If so, please share – or leave your thoughts below on your favorite Davids Tea treat.