This fruit-pigmented product from 100% Pure requires a bit of patience to get the knack of application. Keep in mind that this is a tint, meaning it’s intended to give just a little color to lips and cheeks. However, I did find that a little goes a long way when applied to cheeks.
If you are looking for safer cosmetics – or natural makeup – hop on this brand’s website (listed below) as they offer much more than cosmetics. This product line is free of “chemical preservatives”, and other ingredients commonly thought to be not so healthy. Instead, 100% Pure uses a proprietary combination of herbs, plants, vitamins, and antioxidants to preserve their products.
At the time of publishing this blog entry, this product had received an overall 5-star rating from customers on the 100% Pure website.
Keep reading this review to find out if this Pink Grapefruit Glow lip and cheek tint gets a thumbs up.
DISCLAIMER: This product was purchased by the blogger. Neetzy.com received NO compensation from 100% Pure for this product review. This product review does not represent medical or professional advice, it is an opinion only. Photographs may not depict the exact color of the product.
MANUFACTURER’S DESCRIPTION OF LIP & CHEEK TINT
- contains anti-aging vitamins and antioxidants
- product size is 0.26 oz (7.5g)
- contains cocoa butter and shea butter
- colored with fruit pigments (cranberry, pomegranate, blackberry, raspberry, Cabernet grape, plum, atrawberry, cherry, peach, apricot, blueberry, carrot and tomato)
- doesn’t contain organic ingredients
- made in USA
- rich and creamy (but not sticky or heavy)
- feel like a lip butter, not a lip gloss or balm
- subtle, natural strawberry
HOW TO APPLY
This product proved to be a challenge to apply, but after some experimenting, I figured out a method that gave natural-looking results. The best application method is to dab rather than rub.
This product is best applied by dabbing rather than applying like lipstick.
- Quickly dab product about 10-15 times onto bottom lip.
- Press lips together to transfer tint to upper lip.
- Remove any excess with a clean fingertip (tissue sticks to the product and leaves white fibers).
This product is best applied using gentle pressure so that you don’t make your cheeks rosier in the process.
- After applying foundation or pressed powder, dab one dot of product onto the center of your check by pressing the stick against skin and twisting slightly.
- If you apply too much, remove some by pressing fingertips into product to transfer tint onto fingers; wipe from fingers with tissue.
- Using clean fingertips (index and middle finger), tap the product quickly while moving in circular motions outwards to hairline.
- Repeat on other side.
TIPS FOR GETTING THE MOST FROM THIS 100% PURE PRODUCT:
- don’t apply this tint to lips as you would with conventional lipstick (it will look messy)
- you don’t need much of the tint to give color to cheeks (one dab is enough per cheek)
- wipe product when switching from lips to cheeks, and vice versa
The color of this product was achieved by using fruit pigments. Check the ingredient list below if you are allergic to any fruits, such as strawberries.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of ingredient concerns for this product. If you have concerns about any ingredients you should consult your doctor, or conduct further research.
YOU MIGHT LIKE THIS LIP AND CHEEK TINT IF:
- you want a product with natural pigments
- you like lip butters
- you don’t mind taking extra time to apply as a blush
NEETZY’S THOUGHTS ON 100% PURE LIP AND CHEEK TINT
I had a really difficult time figuring out how to get nice results with this product. I began applying the tint to my lips as I would with traditional lipstick, which ended up looking sloppy. The same with using this product as a blush – I first smeared the product into my cheeks, and the look was neither natural nor appealing. But once I tried dabbing the tint rather than rubbing it into my skin, the results were much better.
Used as a blush, the tint feels really nice. It’s not sticky or heavy. However, you do need to be patient and apply it very carefully to get both sides of your face looking the same, and not too rosy.
Used as a lip tint, you need to be just as careful as the wide stick tends to smear product outside your lip line. The color stayed in place on my cheeks, but I did find myself reapplying the tint to my lips every half hour as my lips started feeling dry (though I tend to wear a this product very thin to keep the look really natural).
Personally, I like to clean this product with a tissue each time I switch from lips to cheeks, and vice versa. However, be aware that this uses up the product much quicker, and leaves tissue fibers in the tint (just an FYI as this product isn’t cheap – the 2016 price was $25 USD, or $31 CAD, for a single stick). See the image below to see exactly how much product you get in a stick (this pic shows the Cranberry Glow product, a red hue).
This is definitely what I would categorize as natural makeup. The ingredients are truly simple, and the color used in the product are from fruit. The lip and cheek tint has a nice, natural scent as well, and the color isn’t too overpowering (however, the color is not weak when applied to cheeks).
While this is a really nice product with natural ingredients, this dual product isn’t for me. I don’t like the idea of using it on my lips and then having to clean it before I apply it to my cheeks (which wastes a lot of product). While I really like the color of this Pink Grapefruit tint, applying it as a blush it too time consuming and tedius. As a lip tint, I find I can only wear a thin layer if I want to keep the look natural and not messy, which means I have to apply the product often.
WHERE TO BUY THIS LIP AND CHEEK TINT
This product is available via the 100% Pure website, and at select online beauty stores.
ABOUT 100% PURE
- began in 2005 by co-founder Susie Wang in Napa, California
- currently based in Silicon Valley
- products include make-up, skincare, hair care, and body products
- company has 100% satisfaction policy, allowing returns up to 30 days (even if item is partially used)
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE IN THIS PRODUCT?
Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, Honey Beeswax, Grapeseed Oil, Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), Vitamin C (ascorbyl palmitate), pigments of Cranberry, Pomegranate, Blackberry, Raspberry, Cabernet Grape, Plum, Strawberry, Cherry, Peach, Apricot, Blueberry, Carrot and Tomato, Strawberry Extract.
WAS THIS PRODUCT REVIEW HELPFUL?
If so, please share – or leave a comment below if you’ve tried this lip and cheek tint. If you have tips as to how to apply this product, I’d love if you could share them.